Tuesday, January 15, 2019

ESSENCE’s 2019 Black Women In Hollywood Honorees

The 2019 honorees are in and here is the line up:

KiKi Layne



Amandla Stenberg


Regina Hall


Jennifer Lewis


I am absolutely loving the denim ensembles! Read what each had to say after the cut.

KiKi:
“Because so much of Tish’s strength comes from vulnerability and her commitment to love and being loved, I learned to tap into my own vulnerability,” she explains. “I also learned to trust myself more and to know that what I’m bringing is enough.”
Amandla:
“I look for characters and stories that conceptualize a Black experience without minimizing it or falling into harmful stereotypes. I want characters who raise us up and show the nuance of who we are and how beautiful and multifaceted and colorful we are too,” she says.

Regina:
“It’s really exciting to say not only that you’ve been in a business for 20 years, but also that you’re still loving it and learning,” she says in the February issue.

Jennifer:
“I’ve got so much talent, it’s crazy,” she shares in ESSENCE, “but that was a gift. And I honored that gift. I entertain with my entire molecular structure,” Lewis explains, “and have been sustained in this business because I love what I do.”

Courtesy: ESSENCE


No comments:

Post a Comment